Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hiatus

For the next two weeks I will be in Venice, Italy, where I intend to contemplate the thing called the "book" and other wonders of the world. I am readying some posts that I may not be able to complete before leaving, one on DRM in particular.

In the meanwhile, if you are interested in the future of the library catalog and the related future of the MARC record, I invite you to add your thoughts, in draft form, to the futurelib wiki. The password is dewey76. You can add new pages, or add information to the pages that are there. Many pages have sections labeled "cooked" and "raw." The raw sections are places where you can put any ideas, even if not well formed nor coordinated with other text there. Consider it a storage box for ideas we don't want to lose. There are also places for bibliographies, if anyone wants to fill those in. And if you work on a system that is innovative (note the small "i"), add it to the list of examples.

No comments: